We have three calculators available on this page:
The standard calculator is the most popular and probably what you’re looking to try out. You are welcome to use all of these tools free of cost and without giving us any personal information – no name, address, or date of birth.
Reverse Mortgage Payment Calculator
You can use this calculator to get an approximate estimate of the amount of money that you may be eligible for from a reverse mortgage. Please note that this is just an estimate, and you will need to speak to a lender to find out exactly how much you are eligible to receive. Our calculator is one of the few that you will find that requires absolutely no personal information.
Is a reverse mortgage loan right for you? Get a personalized answer for free.
Click here to request a free, personalized info kit now.
A Few Notes About the Calculator
- Most of the fields are self-explanatory. For spouse’s age, you should input the age of the youngest owner of your home. In most cases this is a spouse, but not always.
- Since most homeowners do not know the exact value of their homes, we’ve broken the home value option into $25,000 units. For example, $125,000-149,999 will calculate an estimate based on a home value of $125,000.
- Estimated Funds Available calculates how much you are eligible to receive, before fees, based on your home’s value, your age, and HUD’s principal limit factor (PLF).
- Estimated Funds at Closing calculates how much you are eligible to receive at closing. This is different from Funds Available because only 60% of the total is available immediately, and because costs have been deducted.
- Closing costs and origination fees are estimates based on what we’ve seen in the marketplace. Closing costs vary, but this estimate should give you a reasonable idea of what to expect. These costs include title fees, appraisal fee, credit report, counseling, wire fee, and so on. For the origination fee, reverse mortgage lenders are allowed to charge you up to $6,500 depending on your home’s value, but you should be able to find a fee more in line with our estimate if you shop around.
- As of this writing, the largest amount that you are eligible to receive from a HECM is $726,525. With this in mind, we’ve set the upper limit for home value at $726,525.
- We spent a lot of time designing and developing the calculator. If you have feedback, suggestions where we can improve, or need help, please email us at [email protected].
Reverse Mortgage Purchase Calculator
The next calculator works in much the same way as the previous one, except the output is an estimate of the necessary down payment to take part in the HECM for Purchase Program.
Click here to get more information about buying a home with a reverse mortgage and speak to a specialist, absolutely free.
Want to estimate the balance of your reverse mortgage a few years down the line? This calculator will give you a rough estimate based on a constant interest rate.
Other Calculators that We Like
Here are a few other financial calculators that we recommend.
Estimate Your Social Security Benefits from SocialSecurity.gov
The Engineers Club Online Resource: Collection of calculators for virtually any need you can think of.